I have been an EMT/Paramedic/ER and ICU tech for over 20 years now. Over the years I have found that medicine can be administered in many ways.
- Through Pills, Liquids, Powders, Gels, Creams or IV’s.
- Through Technology like X-rays, Cat Scans, Radiation for Cancer Treatment
- Through Durable goods like Crutches, Canes, Braces and Wheel Chairs
- Through Spiritual Means and Religion and Cultural Ways
- Through non-conventional medicine like Acupuncture, Herbs, Reflexology, etc…
- and one of my favorites through the Laughter of Medicine
What is it that makes it so effective? It gives much like other ways the soul, body and mind a reason to escape for moment and forget what is going on. Now comedy comes in different ways all itself.
- You can have a book of simple jokes
- You can have a video of pranks being pulled on other people
- You can have stand up comedians performing live comedy or listening to them on CD or Video
- You can have cartoons that just bring out the kid in us, and bring the laughter within us
- You can watch some Silly Clowns
- You can Throw a Water Balloon at someone and watch their reaction
- You can read or see something funny on social media like facebook, twitter, or pinterest
What’s best of all, is that laughter can be free or the cheapest way to bring up the morale of someone who is sick, or not feeling well. Sometimes it doesn’t take elaborate gifts, or false gestures it might just take a joke, or something funny to make their day!
I like to try and make people laugh, I have tried to do so all my life, ever since I was a kid. You can be 6 or 106 and make someone smile with laughter! Just remember to try and gauge the level of the person you are with, respect limits obviously, and have fun with it yourself. Why the article?, I found as of late that I feel better when I laugh, I think we all do, but it is important to keep that message going, to pass it on.
So what makes you laugh? What is your favorite kind of comedy, or who is your favorite comedian? Share with me, tell me a joke, make me laugh!
Thanks for reading, pass this along or share with others if it has given you cause to, and as always thanks for reading!