truMedic TENS Unit – Electronic Pulse Massager Review
by Tom Shewbridge, A Medic’s World
In my career as a Paramedic, I have had the unfortunate experience of having to go through physical therapy on several occasions. Through these sessions, I have had the Therapist use some form of electronic pulse therapy as part of my recovery.
It always amazed me how well they worked, and was able to help my recovery time be reduced and pain diminished because of these little devices. That was some time ago, but over the years my back has got worse from all the previous injuries, and I thought lets try it again, but at home this time!
I was given an opportunity by the fine folks over at truMedic to review this great product I received below. Opinions are my own, and not influenced by any outside sources.
So what is in the box?
- Advanced – This TENS Handheld Electronic Pulse Massager is the simplest, yet most advanced. Whether you find yourself with sore muscles after the gym, stiffness after work, or chronic pain, the truMedic PL-009 is the massager for you! Our state-of-the-art TENS electrotherapy unit will amaze you with its ability to reduce pain, stimulate your nerves and muscles, and relax your body anytime.
- Compact – No larger than a remote control, this handheld massager weighs only 5.3 oz.! It contains enough power to thoroughly massage your entire body while remaining small and lightweight enough to travel. Take it on vacation, to the gym, or even the office. The truMedic PL-009 will easily fit in your briefcase, pocket or purse.
- Easy – The truMedicPL-009 is not only portable, but also incredibly easy to use! All buttons are clearly labeled by body part rather than confusing terms such as “Pulse-Width” or “Waveform.” At a glance, the large LCD display will show the setting, type of massage, and time left on the cycle. This massager is entirely automatic. Batteries included for your convenience.
- Effective – This effective massager contains 5 auto-stimulation programs. It is fully adjustable with 3 massage settings to select speed and intensity. The truMedic PL-009 uses high-frequency pulses for direct pain relief.
- Disclaimer: Before purchasing or using this device, please consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or have any of the following conditions: any acute disease, infectious disease, heart disease, tumor, abnormal blood pressure, lack of skin sensation, abnormal skin condition, or any other condition requiring the active supervision of a physician.
- Good: Portable, Easy to Read LCD Screen, Adjustable Pulse and Speed Controls, automated timers for easy auto procedures
- Bad: possible expense for replacement pads in the future.
In addition to my own thoughts on the device, I wanted a second opinion. So we hooked this up to my wife’s shoulder that bothers her from time to time, and she had never used a tens unit before. She found both a pulse setting and speed that worked for her, and after the 15 minute automatic timer, was surprised by how well it worked. This will definitely be a device that we will use for as long as it lasts!
I think this is a fantastic product for home use, for on the go travel, take to the gym with you, on vacation, where ever you need some extra relief. Keep in mind to check with your physician before use! You can grab it right now on Amazon for $49.97 and you qualify for Free Super Saver Shipping as well.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."