Nothing beats having a flashlight for every and any situation. Whether you use it for work, or at home or away, having a quality flashlight is essential when time calls for it. So I was given an opportunity to review the Beta-QR Keyring Flashlight designed by Prometheus Lights, and let’s share what I have found.
Each Beta-QR flashlight that comes from Prometheus Lights while not custom made is produced with the cost of the material, and the Quick Release in mind.. The creator had a vision that a flashlight might be an extension of the person carrying it. Yes there are handmade ones that they sell on their site, but might come at a price, but you are getting something custom made with specifications that you provide like the type of lumen you want, to the mod accessories to make it fit your situation. Check out the You-Tube video below to see some of the process of making your flashlight individually with a personal touch. The example below is from one of the Alpha designs, and anything with a blue label on the site comes hand made.
So what are some of the best things about this flashlight:
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum Body
- Power LED Light
- Quick Release from the Keyring (one of the best parts of this flashlight, means that your keys don’t have to be dangling to use it)
- Three different types of finish (Black, Electroless Nickel, and Solid Copper) -Copper can patina giving it that aged look, or you can use polish to keep it clean!
- Perfect for first responders, EMT’s and Paramedics, Police and more.
- Wonderful warranty that comes with it, nice to know that it is there.
- The price – While the Black and Nickel ones start at $55 and the Copper one at $75, the quality and craftsmanship is what you are paying for, a darn good flashlight that can hold up to cold, heat, some water, if a tire drives over it, it will survive.
- Would love to see more colors one day, maybe blue for EMS, or Red for Firefighters, other than that this is a fantastic flashlight.
Overall impression? a well thought out design, that performs under pressure, and allows you to say you have a flashlight with your personality in mind. Check them out on Facebook as well. Guess what? The sponsor sent me a few to give away, look for that in the next few days.
So how do you feel about having a custom made/crafted flashlight made for you? Share your thoughts below.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."