I have never owned a pair of wireless or bluetooth headphones before, so when I had the chance to review a pair from MPOW, I jumped on the opportunity to give them a try. I have always wanted the convenience of having a pair, but just never got around to buying a set. Now I can share with you that the ones I had a chance to review are a great addition to your music listening, working at home, or even workout routines.
Getting them going did not take long. You do need to charge them out of the box, before you try to use them. I recommend waiting for the full charge and the light going green (from red), so that you can ensure that when you go to pair the device it works as it is intended. Charging is performed using the provided USB cord, if you have a free usb port on your computer you can use that, or if you have an outlet adapter that allows USB connections, you can use that as well. On my computer, it took a little over an hour for a full charge, not a long time in my opinion.
Syncing them with my device was easy and painless. I synced with my iPad 2 first, turned on the Bluetooth section under settings on my iPad, hit the power button on the headphones, the headphones showed up on the list on the iPad, I selected them, and I hear “Your device is now paired” through the headphones. Literally took less than 30 seconds.
So what are the best features of the MPOW Stereo fold-able headphones?
- The soft ear coverings make them comfortable to wear.
- They are fold-able! Easy to carry anywhere and ready to go!
- A charge can last up to 15 hours of music or talk time.
- You can pair it with 2 different Bluetooth enabled devices, that way you can take a call on your phone while you were listening to music on your iPad.
- You can control things like forward and backwards, and volume up and down, and with the built in microphone take that call easily with the push of a button. Great for when you are working out!
Things that could be better?
- As of now, I can’t find anything I didn’t like about the functionality of the headphones at this time. If that changes I will update this review accordingly as I continue to use them.
- If I had to pick one thing, multiple colors would be a nice feature. Like Red, Blue, Orange, etc..to match a persons personality. I would personally love to see a Red Set of Headphones.
To buy or not to buy? that is always the pressing question, huh? I think that they are a good buy, for their affordability, the amount of features you get for the price, and the ease of use and setup. So where can you grab yours? You can get them on Amazon here, be sure to also check out MPOW on Facebook, and Twitter.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."