I love technology, I love watches, I love gadgets. You bring all of those together and what do you get, one happy reviewer! Seriously though, I love reviewing items like this because it allows me to enjoy all the things I love about watches, while getting the benefits of features from your iOS device or smartphone. So I happily accepted one of these to review and these are my thoughts and opinions.
With the ability to alert you to different statuses from your phone including when important texts come in from an individual or work, maybe an update to an important sporting event that you can’t be at, or if you are addicted to games, maybe the next time you have full lives on Angry Birds again. These are just the beginning of what it can do, check out the full list:
- View notifications including Caller ID, SMS, e-mails, social media, fitness stats, sports scores, news headlines, and any other alert your smartphone allows.
- Customize alert vibration patterns for “eyes-free” notification awareness.
- Apply filters to allow only the notifications that you want to show on your watch.
- Tap the watch glass to dismiss a notification or recall it for up to 5 minutes after it came in.
- With a simple button tap, scroll through your recent notification history to review anything you may have missed.
- Remotely control your smartphone’s camera to snap a picture or activate a three-second timer to compose a group picture that includes you!
- Initiate voice commands on your smartphone’s speakerphone for uses such as “read text” while you’re on the move.
- Includes Silent Alarms, Hour Repeater, Electronic Phone Leash, Find Phone, and more!
Compatibility is a different issue, while I do have a Samsung S4 phone that it is compatible with, it however is not compatible with my iPad 2, nor my iPod Touch (version 4). But since I use my Samsung phone the most, it was easy to pair, and sync functions via the app you download from the Google Play Store, or if you are using an iOS product just grab it from iTunes.
I love that it has a silicone band, it feels durable, easy to clean, and in this case, really looks sharp in red. It will definitely be a conversation piece if someone asks you the time, or sees you using it while seated at dinner or somewhere like that. One fault that I found with it, was the flap on the watch for the USB connection seemed a little difficult to open for me, maybe its because I don’t have any finger nails but I still found it difficult to open so that I could charge the watch.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced watch that can not only tell the time, but give you all the features mentioned above then the Martian Notifier Watch is for you, grab yours here today, or get it as a gift idea for someone for their Birthday, or with Christmas coming up.
You can win one! Enter below, ends 11/20.
Disclaimer: A Medic’s World was not compensated for this post. No purchase is necessary to enter. One entrant per household, per address. Void where prohibited by law. Winner(s) will be contacted by email and have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this sweepstakes. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions. If you would like to see your product/company featured like this contact Tom at email@example.com to see what we can do for your organization.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."