First My Family Disaster Emergency Kit$165.99
Emergency Preparedness Ready9.3/10
- LifeStraw Go Emergency Water Filter
- 3 Days of basic supplies for 4 people
- Water and Food able to be stored for up to 5 years
- First Aid Kit
- Water Proof Matches
- Emergency Shelter/Poncho
- Glowsticks and more!
- Would love to see future kits come with a small wood axe possibly.
- Would also love to see portable cooking solutions in future kits.
I always like to feel like I am ready for almost anything when it comes to events that might end up out of our control. With this Disaster Preparedness Kit from First My Family, you can have a little piece of mind knowing you will have some essentials in case of an emergency.
I sometimes think I would be ready for a multiple day emergency, and then I look at what I own, and think again. So do you have to spend a lot of money to get started? No, and with this kit, it will help 4 people survive for 3 days. So what do you get inside that makes it a great starter kit? Check out the contents below.
- 4 – Datrex 2400 Calorie Emergency Food. 3 day supply, stays fresh and certified to lasts for 5 years
- 48 – Dattrex Emergency Water Packets (4.22 oz). 3 day emergency supply, stays fresh and certified to last for 5 years
- 1 – 85 Piece Premium First Aid Kit in hard shell with carabiner
- 1 – LifeGear LED Flashlight. Lasts 400 hours.
- 4 – Emergency Mylar blankets
- 4 – Emergency Poncho
- 4 – Emergency Lighting (12 hour glow light sticks)
- 1 – 5 in 1 Emergency Survival Whistle
- 2 – Waterproof matches
- 1 – Multi Function Swiss Style Utility Knife
- 4 – 24 Hour Body Warmer
- 2 – Leather Palm Gloves
- 8 – Procedural Face Masks
- 1 – First Aid/CPR and AED Booklet
- 2 – Premium Heavy Duty Backback Plus Deluxe First My Family Backpack
This particular kit also came with a LifeStraw Go Emergency Water Filter Bottle as part of this package. Have the ability of filling it with unfiltered water from a stream, and know it will help reduce some of the impurities in the water, to make it safer to drink.
There is plenty of room left in the packs to add your own supplies as well. Great for beef jerky, or especially if you dehydrate your own meats and fruits, you can have long-lasting food sources to add as well. There is also room for added First Aid supplies, or Lifestraw GO Water bottles so everyone doesn’t have to share.
The backpacks are durable, and with the ability to just grab and go, are a great way to go for those wanting a bit of security, without all the extra cost. The prepackaged food and water are stable in the right conditions up to five years. Couple of suggestions might be to find a nice large water-resistant storage container with handles that could keep the bags out of the sun.
While I was provided with this for review, I can assure you, that as a Paramedic, I would not recommend anything I wouldn’t use myself, and I can truly say that this will be part of our home emergency kit for years to come. This would also make an excellent gift idea for Father’s Day coming up!
Be sure to check out First My Family here on the web, and on Facebook and Twitter as well. Do you have emergency supplies for when you have an emergency? What do you have? Share your thoughts below, and let me know! ~Tom
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."