Dyson - V6 Absolute Bagless Cordless Stick Vacuum$599.99
Battery Power Time Length9.2/10
Mobile enough to use to clean your vehicle9.8/10
- Provides up to 20 minutes of strong suction
- Soft roller cleaner head
- Direct-drive cleaner head
- HEPA filtration
- Docking station
- Mini motorized tool and mini soft dusting brush
- Cordless allows easy use to Clean Vehicles like Cars, Trucks and Vans.
- Usage Time of Less than 20 Minutes can hinder complete house cleaning
- While the Vacuum Mount holds some tools, an accessory bag would have been nice
When you think about vacuums, one name usually comes to mind, Dyson. Why? I think it is because they take time to truly design, test, and promote vacuums that provide you with the features, and specifications that gets the job done efficiently and effectively. Let’s check out the Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum from Best Buy and see what we find out.
So I am taking everything out of the box, and one of the first things I notice is that the handle assembly is lighter than other competitors models, and felt more natural to hold. Let me share this also, I love that it has a trigger as the power button. What does that mean? Imagine the trigger on a water gun, you pull the trigger, and water comes out. Same with this, but without the water, pull the trigger and it powers up.
Can we talk attachments? There are a lot of them, and the will all come in handy. Dyson is innovative in that it gives you two main rollers, one for carpets, and one for hard surface floors. While this does mean you might have to switch out to finish your vacuuming, it also means you will have the right attachment that will get the work done.
Check out some of the Product Specs below:
- Dyson Fluffy: A soft roller cleaner head engineered to suck up both large dirt and fine dust simultaneously on hard floors. Powerful cleaning without scratching.
- 75% more brush power: A second cleaner head features a direct-drive motor that creates 75% more brush bar power than DC59 Animal to better agitate carpet pile and tackle ground-in spills and stains.
- Easy to push:A large, soft roller and increased versatility from a re-designed neck enables smooth movement across floor types.
- Dyson digital motor V6:The latest Dyson digital motor gives V6 Absolute the most powerful suction of any cordless vacuum in use.
- 2 Tier Radial™ Cyclone Technology: Flings dust out of the air and into the bin, separating out even the most microscopic particles.
So while testing the unit both on hard floors in the kitchen, and on carpet in the living room and the stairs, what did I find out? That it works quite well. I loved being able to take off the long extension and just use the carpet roller on the stairs. How did it go? with normal suction it worked quite fine, and I thought I would try to see how the vacuum would work with the max button. It works like a charm, I was able to do the steps to upstairs, and being able to do the carpet on the riser part of the step was so refreshing, and easy to do with this vacuum.
The drawback to using the Max feature is that it will deplete the battery at a faster rate. Did I think I needed to use the max feature that much? No. I found that with normal suction power it worked quite well.
My overall impression? I like it. The Dyson V6 Absolute is lighter than other competitors models, and it works better and provides better suction. Drawbacks, only 20 minutes of power on average. So you have to keep moving, and be selective to what you do. Definitely a vacuum to check out, and a strong competitor to providing the right level to your cleaning needs. ~Tom
Disclaimer: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free and being a Best Buy Ambassador has given me the opportunity to bring you fantastic information about this great product.
So do you own a Dyson? Do you enjoy it? What about the cordless version? Let me know your thoughts below. ~Tom
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."